This is not a comprehensive list of all rescues. If there is nothing listed for your area Google: wildlife rescue [your town].
Most of the rescues listed are small, home based set-ups. They are run entirely by volunteers. They do not have fleets of ambulances to come and pick things up and often do not have the time to leave the animals. A phone call followed by delivery and a donation of some kind is always appreciated.
Click on map and drag to see your location
Zoom in using the + button or mouse scroll wheel
Click on icon to get full contact details
If you run a wildlife rescue and are not listed but would like to go on the map, please use our registration form.
Terms & Conditions:
- Use of this submission denotes your acceptance of the presence of the rescue on the map. If you are submitting on behalf of somebody else please ensure you have their permission to do so as their details will then be available worldwide.
- We request that you notify us of any changes to the details, especially contact information or change in circumstances such as closure.
- We only accept submissions from rescues with a proven track record. This is due to a large number of new start-ups with dubious methods and no veterinary support. If you have just started we may put you on the list if you can provide full details of your veterinary practice, any training that has taken place and assurances that you are in this for the long term.
- Before adding your details to this database please consider your capacity and capabilities. Many rescues can only take in low numbers and with web exposure can suddenly find themselves overwhelmed resulting in poor care and possible enforced closure.
- You agree to receive an occasional email from us to verify you are still operating. If you wish to stay on the database you must reply to that email. If we have not heard from you within 4 weeks you will be removed.
- In order to be added to the map database, please complete all the required fields. We will check the information given and then either add you or email you for further details.
- Hedgehog Rescues – Being on the list kept by the BHPS does not mean you are an approved rescue. The BHPS list is just a list. If you wish to go on the map please provide details of your veterinary surgeon.
Submission of this form does not guarantee inclusion in the database which is subject to checks and we cannot guarantee any particular timescale.